About this trip
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on our Outdoor Adventure tour in the captivating landscapes of Bosnia! This 5-day escapade is tailor-made for adventurous souls seeking an adrenaline rush and a deep connection with nature.
From the moment you arrive, you'll be immersed in a world of curated experiences. Indulge your taste buds, from fig-cake tasting paired with aromatic Bosnian coffee, to savouring organic meals bursting with local flavours.
Prepare for exhilarating activities, including an adventurous Jeep tour to Lukomir, white-water rafting through picturesque canyons, and a breathtaking hike to Prenj where you'll encounter magnificent wild horses. Spend a night camping under the starry sky, creating memories around the campfire that will last a lifetime.
Along the way, delve into the rich heritage of Bosnia as you explore historic sites and charming towns, soaking up the warm hospitality and vibrant local culture.
With comfortable accommodations and our signature curated experiences throughout, this adventure promises an unforgettable journey through Bosnia's natural wonders and cultural treasures. Get ready to embrace the thrill and beauty of outdoor exploration in this enchanting destination!
What you'll experience
- Traditional Bosnian coffee and delicious fig-cake-tasting experience
- 4x4 Jeep tour and hike to the village of Lukomir, the highest and most isolated village in Bosnia-Herzegovina, sitting at an altitude of 1495m, and can only be accessed by car for 6 months of the year.
- Jumuah prayer in Lukomir
- Homemade organic lunch in Lukomir
- Rafting adventure on the Neretva River
- Hike Prenj Planina, where you'll have the chance to see wild horses
- Wild camping! With a campfire and all, so remember to bring your marshmallows!
- Visit to Blagaj Dervish Lodge
- Lunch by the Buna river
- Free time to explore Mostar Old Town, where the famous Stari Most Bridge is located
- Learn more about the history of Islam in Bosnia, from the Ottomans to present-day
AIRPORT PICKUP & DROP OFF DETAILS
ARRIVAL TRANSFER: On Thursday from 10 am - 12 pm (2-hour window)
Many airlines including British Airways, EasyJet and Jet2 all fly direct to Dubrovnik Airport, where our driver will pick you up and take you across the border into Bosnia.
DEPARTURE TRANSFER: On Monday, your plane should depart after 12:30 pm, to give you time to get to the airport from Bosnia, which takes around 2.5 hours to drive from Mostar-Dubrovnik Airport. You can choose an even later flight and spend the afternoon exploring Dubrovnik at your leisure (it's entirely up to you).
Arrival/Departure Airport: Dubrovnik (DBV)
These transfer windows have been planned to align with most international flights to Dubrovnik. We welcome guests from all nationalities and countries to join the trip and can arrange separate airport transfers where necessary, for an additional fee of £160.
Departure 1. Thursday 2nd - Monday 6th May 2024
Departure 2. Thursday 6th - Monday 10th June 2024
Departure 3. Thursday 25th - Monday 29th July 2024
ActivitiesAll activities listed above
Accommodation2 nights at our handpicked newly-built rental property in Konjic, 1 night at a 4* Hotel Mostar, 1 night Wild Camping (tents included)
Local organic lunchIn Lukomir, Day 2
Off-road adventureTraverse the mountains in 4x4s
Rafting AdventureEquipment is included, just bring your waterproofs/burkini
Welcome DinnerIn Konjic, Day 1
Camping in Prenj PlaninaKnown locally as the 'Bosnian Himalayas', you'll go wild camping and sleep under the stars!
Fig-cake tastingTry this delicious local delicacy in the scenic town of Stolac with fresh Bosnian coffee
Airport transfersPick up and drop off at Dubrovnik Airport in Croatia, within specific airport window (shared after booking)
TransportTransport throughout trip in private vehicle
Expert local guidesTrained mountain leaders and skippers will support all your activities
Meals4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
Lukomir Village HikeVisit Bosnia's last remaining traditional village where you'll hike through beautiful mountain scenery, enjoy a local organic lunch and pray Jumuah
Blagaj, Mostar & StolacEnjoy day trips to each of these beautiful quaint towns/cities.
Blagaj Dervish LodgeEntrance fee included
TipsFor driver and guides
Extra mealMeals outside of those stated above (dinner)
Personal expensesShopping/souvenirs, travel insurance
International flightPlease note that once you have booked your space on this trip, we will provide further information on which flights to book. Do not book your flight before we have advised you on this
Travel insuranceWe strongly recommend purchasing proper travel cancellation and medical cover, as we will not be able to reimburse you in the event you have to cancel or require medical attention
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Please familiarise yourself with the Ts&Cs below. It's very important that you have read these before booking your flights, to give yourself the best preparation and protection.
- A £60 deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Full payment is required no later than 8 weeks before your trip departure.
- Once you have made your full payment it is non-refundable and non-transferable. You may sell your space to somebody else should you find you are no longer able to travel.
- Cancellations less than 10 weeks before trip departure are liable to incur costs. Should you anticipate challenges travelling, please give us as much notice as possible.
- We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance as soon as making your booking, to protect yourself in case unforeseen circumstances arise and you are no longer able to travel. This should include medical cover and cancellation protection in the event of covid, flight cancellations, illness etc.
- Entry requirements: It is incumbent upon each traveller to familiarise themselves with the entry requirements to the country they are visiting. This includes visas and covid testing status.
- The itinerary is a suggested outline of the route we will take and the activities that we'll experience. We will keep it flexible and make changes in the event the weather, or road conditions mean we need to adjust our plans. The same goes for our activity coordinators - in the event they are unwell or unable to attend due to a private emergency, don't worry; we'll arrange a suitable alternative.
- All guests are screened following booking. Should you not pass the screening process, your deposit will be refunded.
- You will receive details of the accommodations you'll be hosted at in your welcome pack, after booking. We expect you to research the accommodations in advance so that you know what to expect on the trip, particularly if you are opting for a shared room.
- Once you are on the trip, there are no refunds, partial refunds or credit refunds.
- Should your flight be cancelled, it is incumbent upon you to book a suitable alternative. If you do not attend the trip this will be classed as a no-show, and no refunds will be given. (This is where your travel insurance recommended in clause 5 will come in handy!).