Turkmen trails and Uzbek enchantments: Adventures on the Silk Road
A once in a lifetime experience...
On this 7 day journey through Uzbekistan, we'll explore 4 very different cities, each with its own character. From Tashkent to Samarkand, Bukhara and then finally, Khiva, we will take you through the heart of Central Asia’s Silk Route and rich Islamic heritage.
Uzbekistan is rated Halal Travel Guide's number 1 travel destination in Asia for 2020!
Booking is open for the following sets of dates:
Trip 1: 28th March - 4th April
Trip 2: 4th - 10th April
Trip 3: 10th - 17th April 2020
Trip 4: Ramadan special, 9th - 15th May
Trip 5: June 12-19th 2020
Trip 6: 5th-11th September 2020
Trip 7: 17th-23rd October 2020
Trip 8: October 23 - 30th 2020
£850 based on two people sharing a twin room
- Highly-rated Muslim-friendly hotels with excellent halal breakfasts.
- 4 cities: Visits to the key cities of Samarkand, Bukhara, Tashkent and Khiva.
- Professional English-speaking local tour guides, 1 for each city on this journey
- Half board: Breakfast and lunch will be provided to you every day you are with us on this trip. Breakfast will be in the hotel and will consist of a traditional Uzbek and continental spread. Lunch will be in restaurants serving authentic local food, such as the local delicacies of plov and somsa.
- Transport: We cover airport transfers and your transport throughout the trip, in a fully air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to historical sites.
- Desert Nomad experience: We will spend one night sleeping under the stars in the legendary Kyzl-Kum desert, in a traditional yurt.
- Fast train from Tashkent – Samarkand
- Water: One free bottle of water provided daily
- Taxes: all-inclusive (20% VAT)
- Prayer times: we take care of your salaat requirements.
- International Flights (between £450 - £490, direct) and 1 internal flight (50 USD)
- Personal travel insurance
- Meals outside of those stated above
Trip 1: 10-17 April
Airport pick-up and drop-off will be arranged to accommodate these flight times:
- 10th April: Direct flight with Uzbekistan Airways departs London Heathrow Airport at 21:35, lands in Tashkent the following morning at 08:25 local time.
- 17th April: Departs Tashkent with Uzbekistan Airways at 16:20 local time, arrives the same day at London Heathrow at 20:00 local time.
Trip 2: 12th - 19th June 2020
- 12th June: Direct flight with Uzbekistan Airways departs London Heathrow Airport at 21:35, lands in Tashkent the following morning at 08:25 local time.
- 19th June: Departs Tashkent with Uzbekistan Airways at 16:20 local time, arrives the same day at London Heathrow at 20:00 local time.
Trip 3: 23rd - 30th October 2020
- 23rd October: Direct flight with Uzbekistan Airways departs London Heathrow Airport at 21:35, lands in Tashkent the following morning at 08:25 local time.
- 30th October: Departs Tashkent with Uzbekistan Airways at 16:20 local time, arrives the same day at London Heathrow at 20:00 local time.
Please note that if you are travelling from the Midlands/North, it is recommended to fly from Heathrow or Gatwick to secure the best-priced flights.
Max. 15 people. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis.
What our guests say
I joined the Halal Travel Guide on their trip to Uzbekistan in April 2019, and it was definitely a memorable one. I learnt far more about the country’s history than what I already knew, and had the opportunity to try their signature plov dish which was delicious!
The trip most certainly exceeded expectations. Once again Halal Travel Guide wonderfully organised an amazing trip. The accommodation they had picked out for our trip was incredible and don’t get me started on the food! (amazing!!!). This is my second group tour with Halal travel guide and most certainly not my last!”
Ayesha, Greater London, Uzbekistan April 2019
To make a booking request for this trip, complete the booking form with the information requested. Upon receiving your booking request, we’ll get in touch with you to confirm booking arrangements.
If you would like to arrange a private tour, fill in the details with your requirements (no. of days, interests and budget) and we’ll create a bespoke package for you.
If you have not received a response within 3 days, please check your spam/junk folder.