Turkmen trails and Uzbek enchantments:
Adventures on the Silk Road
On this 7 day journey through Uzbekistan, we will visit 4 very different cities, each with its own character. From Tashkent to Samarkand, Bukhara and then finally, Khiva, we will take you through the heart of Central Asia’s Silk Route and rich Islamic heritage.
1st: 11 – 18 April 2019
2nd trip: 26 October – 01 November 2019
Pick up between 3 – 4 am local time on 11 April at Tashkent airport and drop off between 12 – 1 pm at Tashkent airport on 18 April.
11th April: Departs London Heathrow at 13:25 with Aeroflot, and arrives in Tashkent at 02:45 local time (10:45 pm British time).
18th April: Departs Tashkent at 15:30 local time, arrives at London Heathrow at 21:25.
Please note that if you are from the Midlands/North, it is recommended to fly from Heathrow to secure the best-priced flights.
Min. 15 people. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Comfortable Muslim-friendly hotels with excellent halal breakfasts.
- Tour guide: Our professional and English-speaking local tour guide will accompany you throughout the trip and provide you with assistance.
- Full board: All your meals are catered to. Breakfast will be in the hotel and will consist of a traditional Uzbek and continental spread. Lunch and dinner will be in restaurants serving authentic local food.
- All transfers: We cover airport transfers and your transport throughout the trip, in a fully air-conditioned bus. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
- Entrance fees to historical sites
- Desert Nomad experience: We will spend one night sleeping under the stars in the legendary Kyzl-Kum desert, in a traditional yurt.
- Fast train from Tashkent – Samarkand
- Water: One free bottle of water provided daily
- Taxes: all-inclusive (20% VAT)
- Prayer times: we take care of your salaat requirements.
- International Flights and 1 internal flight (100 USD)
At Halal Travel Guide, one of our key principles before we advertise any tour is to experience it first hand. Our editor Soumaya Hamdi visited Uzbekistan in October and used this trip to design an excellent itinerary unlike any other on the market. We have blended Silk Route stories with rediscovering Muslim legends who have been long forgotten, such as Ulug-Beg , an astronomical genius who accurately calculated the position of over 1000 stars well before the invention of the telescope…
Some of the highlights of this trip include:
- A night sleeping in a nomad camp in the Kyzul-Kum desert – get ready to see the sky with no filter, just millions of stars…
- Visiting the final resting place of Imam al-Bukhari in Samarkand;
- Marvelling at the huge and intricately tiled madrasahs in Registan Sq, Samarkand;
- Trace the exact steps of the Silk Route caravans that once traversed these lands loaded with silk, porcelain, spices, incense, ceramics and many other precious goods.
Day by day itinerary will be published by the end of Dec 2018.
Please note this is an introductory price as we have secured a good deal. We cannot guarantee this price for future trips.
- £825 per person/double or triple room early bird offer. From 1st February the price will be £850.
- Single room supplement is an additional £150
Payment can be made in 3 instalments upon request.
- Internal flight from Khiva to Tashkent (which is required as part of the trip itinerary) is 100 USD and can be paid nearer the date of the trip.
To confirm your space you will be asked to pay a £150 deposit which is non-refundable. You can cancel your reservation up to 2 months before the departure date free of charge (excluding deposit fee).
We reserve the right to cancel the tour up to 40 days before departure if there are not enough persons. In the unlikely event this is necessary, we can make alternative arrangements for you to visit Uzbekistan upon request.
Date: 11 - 18 April 2019 and 26 October - 01 November (please specify which date you prefer in your message)