About this trip
Amman, Al Salt, Wadi Rum, Petra
Explore the heart and soul of Jordan with us on this epic 8-day adventure. You'll trace the routes of prophets mentioned in the Quran and travel onwards to where some of the sahaba closest to Prophet SAW are buried.
You'll then be transported to the breathtaking rose city of Petra, before unwinding in the desert while enjoying bedouin hospitality. You'll end the trip enjoying the warm, tropical waters at Aqaba where you have the opportunity to go snorkelling, before heading back up to the capital Amman to do some shopping.
This trip is ideal for adventurous souls looking to connect with their Islamic heritage, while having the chance to enjoy special experiences including a jeep safari in the sands of Wadi Rum, bedouin stargazing, swimming in the sea and enjoying local delicacies including kunefe and baklawa.
Here's what Sena said about this trip when she joined us in December 2022:
"My 3rd trip with HTG to end the year was to Jordan. Like the previous trips this one also was an experience I will never forget. Our guide Abu Omar was an excellent guide and an interesting person to listen to. Ahmed our host at Rum Planet Camp was also an exceptional person and very welcoming. Everyone in Jordan made us feel very welcome and like family. My favourite experience was camping in Wadi Rum and learning about the stars. The 4X4 desert ride was also a very fun experience. I liked that we were given free time on the last day to explore downtown Amman. I was lucky to be a part of a good group, which made the experience that much more better."
What you'll experience
- Islamic heritage tour through the heart of Islam in Jordan; Together with our local guide you'll trace the route of Nabi Musa, Nabi Shoaib and Nabi Ayyub. You'll also visit various locations of historical importance including the final resting grounds of numerous companions of the Prophet ﷺ
- Stand on Mount Nebo, where Musa AS is believed to have once stood
- Walking tour through one of the 7 Wonders of the World - Petra;
- Desert stargazing with our local Bedouin guides, who have used the stars to navigate their way across the desert for thousands of years
- 4x4 Desert safari in the red sands of Wadi Rum
- Desert campfire and stories;
- Camel safari in Wadi Rum (optional extra)
- Lunch and Dinner in the desert hosted by the local Bedouin community
- Sleep under the stars in Wadi Rum
- Enjoy homemade and traditional Jordanian cuisine
- Day trip to the coastal city of Aqaba
- Free time to enjoy shopping or exploring in Amman
Airport Transfer Window
ARRIVAL TRANSFER: On Saturday from 22:00 – 23:30 pm
DEPARTURE TRANSFER: On Saturday from 07:00 am
Arrival/Departure Airport: Queen Alia International Airport, Amman
These transfer windows have been planned to align with the direct flights from London - Amman with Royal Jordanian and WizzAir.
We welcome guests from all nationalities/countries to join the trip and can arrange separate airport transfers for an additional fee, starting from £50
This trip departs in 2024, so if you like to plan your trips well in advance and want to save up for it early, this is ideal for you!
There will be only 1 departure for 2024, so book early to avoid disappointment:
Saturday 4th May- Saturday 11th May 2024 (Ladies-only)
Accomodation6 nights including 3 in Amman, 1 in Petra and 2 in Wadi Rum
Visit prophets & sahabaTogether with our local guide you'll trace the route of Nabi Musa, Nabi Shoaib and Nabi Ayyub, along with many sahaba
Stargazing experienceIn the desert sands of Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum AdventureWe'll take you on a jeep safari on the red sands of Wadi Rum with our local bedouin host.
Deluxe tent upgradePrivate bathroom in your tent for your desert glamping experience
Explore PetraOne of the Seven Wonders of the World
Day trip to AqabaSwim in the sea, go snorkelling or just enjoy relaxing on the beach
Airport TransfersAt Queen Alia International Airport (according to the recommended flight times)
Expert local guidesYou'll be hosted by our team of local hosts across Jordan
VisaWe'll process your visa on arrival at the airport. Your ticket includes the cost of the visa and airport rep.
TransportTransport throughout trip in private vehicle
Meals6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 4 dinners
Covid TestNot required for most travellers anymore, please check your local government guidance
Personal expensesShopping/souvenirs, travel insurance
Extra mealMeals outside of those stated above (lunch, dinner)
TipsFor driver and guides
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Please familiarise yourself with the Ts&Cs below. It's very important that you have read these before booking your flights, to give yourself the best preparation and protection.
- A £60 deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Full payment is required no later than 8 weeks before your trip departure.
- Once you have made your full payment it is non-refundable and non-transferable. You may sell your space to somebody else should you find you are no longer able to travel.
- Cancellations less than 10 weeks before trip departure are liable to incur costs. Should you anticipate challenges travelling, please give us as much notice as possible.
- We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance as soon as making your booking, to protect yourself in case unforeseen circumstances arise and you are no longer able to travel. This should include medical cover and cancellation protection in the event of covid, flight cancellations, illness etc.
- Entry requirements: It is incumbent upon each traveller to familiarise themselves with the entry requirements to the country they are visiting. This includes visas and covid testing status.
- The itinerary is a suggested outline of the route we will take and the activities that we'll experience. We will keep it flexible and make changes in the event the weather, or road conditions mean we need to adjust our plans. The same goes for our activity coordinators - in the event they are unwell or unable to attend due to a private emergency, don't worry; we'll arrange a suitable alternative.
- All guests are screened following booking. Should you not pass the screening process, your deposit will be refunded.
- You will receive details of the accommodations you'll be hosted at in your welcome pack, after booking. We expect you to research the accommodations in advance so that you know what to expect on the trip, particularly if you are opting for a shared room.
- Once you are on the trip, there are no refunds, partial refunds or credit refunds.
- Should your flight be cancelled, it is incumbent upon you to book a suitable alternative. If you do not attend the trip this will be classed as a no-show, and no refunds will be given. (This is where your travel insurance recommended in clause 5 will come in handy!).