About this trip
Ladies, this adventure is exclusively for you!
Get ready to explore some of the most beautiful scenery in Europe, with cascading waterfalls, jade-green rivers and breathtaking mountain scenery. Best of all, you don't have to worry about searching for halal food, whether there's a place to pray or if you can wear your burkini. We've got that all covered!
Here's what Ayan had to say when she joined us on this trip in July 2022:
"I recently went to Bosnia with HTG on a woman's only retreat and as it was my first solo trip i was a bit anxious about what the whole experience would hold but i had nothing to worry about as I was made to feel absolutely welcomed and part of the group. Was able to make amazing memories, shared lots of laughs, met wonderful people and truly had a great adventure on this holiday.
HTG provided us with not only great accommodation, stunning food, amazing guides, easy transports, beautiful locations to explore and education on the history of the country. But also the opportunity to make true long lasting friendships along the way.
I was truly lucky to share this trip with absolutely wonderful sisters who became family by the end.
I would no doubt recommend HTG to anyone. Being able to travel feeling safe and secure among a group who want to learn, explore and genuinely have fun same as you."
What you'll experience
- Kravica waterfalls
- Jajce Waterfalls
- Boat trip on Pliva Lake
- Lunch to Blagaj Dervish Lodge
- Visit to Pocitelj Fortress
- Tunnel of Hope
- Learn more about the history of Islam in Bosnia, from the Ottomans to present-day
- Fig-cake making activity
From £735 Deposit: £60
From £910 Deposit: £60
From £735 Deposit: £60
Airport Transfer Window
Arrival window: On Saturday from 10:30 - 11:30 am.
This window is the time in which your plane should be scheduled to land if you want to benefit from the group transfer. There are multiple airports and airlines that cater to this flight window.
Departure Window: On Thursday your plane should not depart before 12 pm, to give you time to get to the airport from Bosnia. You can choose an even later flight and spend the afternoon exploring Dubrovnik at your leisure (it's entirely up to you).
Arrival/Departure Airport: Dubrovnik (DBV)
We welcome guests from all nationalities and countries to join the trip and can arrange separate airport transfers where necessary, for an additional fee of £160.
Book your trip
2024 Trip Dates
Departure 1: Saturday 25th - Thursday 30th May 2024
Departure 2: Saturday 22nd - Thursday 27th June 2024
Please note this is a ladies-only trip.
ActivitiesAll activities listed above
Accomodation5 nights in 4* hotels in Mostar and Sarajevo
Meals5 breakfasts and 5 lunches
Local hostLocal English-speaking host
Airport transferAirport pick up at Dubrovnik Airport (Croatia) along with border crossing assistance, within the time frame detailed.
TransportTransport throughout trip in private vehicle
Entrance ticketsTo all important historical sites listed on the itinerary
Tunnel of HopeEntrance tickets
Vrelo Bosne parkEntrance tickets
Blagaj Dervish LodgeEntrance tickets
Fig-cake making activity
Driver & Private bus
International flightBritish Airways, EasyJet and Jet2 all fly direct to Dubrovnik Airport, where our driver will pick you up and take you across the border into Bosnia
Personal expensesShopping/souvenirs, travel insurance
Extra mealMeals outside of those stated above (dinner)
TipsFor driver and guides
Travel insuranceWe strongly recommend you protect yourself with a good policy
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Please read these terms carefully before booking your trip. By booking, you agree to be bound by these conditions which outline, among other things, our cancellation policy, assumption of risk, and what happens in the event of an alteration to your tour itinerary.
Payments and Cancellations:
- A £100 deposit is necessary to secure your booking. This deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Full payment is due no less than 8 weeks prior to your trip departure.
- Upon full payment, no refunds or transfers are permitted. However, you may sell your space to someone else if you're unable to travel. The responsibility for selling your space lies with you.
- Cancellations made fewer than 10 weeks before the trip departure will incur additional costs. Please inform us as soon as possible if you anticipate travel difficulties.
- Cancellations 4 weeks before the trip incur a 50% charge; cancellations less than 3 weeks before the trip incur a 100% charge.
- There will be no refunds, partial refunds, or credits once the trip has commenced.
- We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance at the time of booking, which should cover medical issues, cancellations due to illness, COVID-19, flight disruptions, and the like.
- Travellers have the responsibility to understand the entry requirements of the destination, including visas and COVID-19 testing. Halal Travel Guide is not responsible for checking your visa status.
- All guests undergo a screening after booking. Failure to pass will result in a deposit refund.
- You must disclose any medical conditions when booking. This information will be kept confidential.
- The itinerary is a FLEXIBLE guide that may be adjusted by the tour leader due to various factors including, but not limited to, weather conditions, closures, or health emergencies. Please note that while we value our guests' input, the decision to alter the programme rests solely with the tour leader for the overall benefit and safety of the group.
- Details of accommodation will be provided in your Booking Voucher. We strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with these, especially if you've opted for a shared room.
- In the event of flight cancellations, you're responsible for arranging alternatives. Non-attendance for any reason does not entitle you to a refund.
- Solo travellers booking a twin room will be paired with another traveller of the same gender. If this isn't possible, you'll be required to accept a Single Room upgrade with an additional charge.
Liability and Risk:
- Assumption of Risk: Participation indicates an understanding of the inherent risks, potentially including injury, illness, loss of life, or loss of personal property.
- Liability Limitation: Halal Travel Guide shall not be held liable for any injuries, losses, or damages incurred during the trip.
- In Case of Injury: All medical expenses resulting from injury are the participant's responsibility.
- Waiver of Liability: By participating, you waive all claims against Halal Travel Guide, even those possibly due to our negligence.
- Insurance: We strongly advise securing travel insurance to cover various emergencies. Your decision regarding insurance absolves Halal Travel Guide of any related liabilities.
Photographs and Media:
- Images on our platforms are for illustrative purposes. Actual conditions may differ and may change over time.
- Halal Travel Guide may use media taken during trips for promotional activities, without offering compensation to participants. Access to such media for personal use may incur a fee or be provided as a courtesy.