About this trip
This is the first trip we ever hosted at Halal Travel Guide almost 5 years ago, and it continues to be one of our most popular trips. Here's what you say when you travel with us:
"Best travel guide in town (Perioddt),very considerate of everyone’s travel preferences, you get to interact with the locals and learn about their history. The amazing part is a percentage of the proceeds go towards to help those less fortunate and the planet. In the words of Mohammed Ali- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
Travel experience and Sadaqah in one, can’t get better than that. Looking forward to our many more adventures together. Next trip Imma bring the siblings 🙌🏾 iA."
For more reviews head over to our official TrustPilot page
What you'll experience
- Rafting adventure on the Neretva River OR 4x4 Adventure to the mountains
- Walk up the minaret of the Koski Mehmet Pasha Dzamija
- Lunch and prayer at scenic Blagaj Dervish Lodge.
- Walking tour of the Bascarsija in Sarajevo and Old Town in Mostar.
- Visit Pocitelj Ottoman Fortress
- Pay your respects at Srebrenica memorial site
- Learn more about the history of Islam in Bosnia, from the Ottomans to present-day
Airport Transfer Window
ARRIVAL TRANSFER: On Saturday from 10 am - 12 pm (2-hour window)
Many airlines including British Airways, EasyJet and Jet2 all fly direct to Dubrovnik Airport, where our driver will pick you up and take you across the border into Bosnia.
DEPARTURE TRANSFER: On Thursday, your plane should not depart before 12 pm, to give you time to get to the airport from Bosnia, which takes around 2.5 hours to drive from Mostar-Dubrovnik Airport. You can choose an even later flight and spend the afternoon exploring Dubrovnik at your leisure (it's entirely up to you).
Arrival/Departure Airport: Dubrovnik (DBV)
These transfer windows have been planned to align with most international flights to Dubrovnik. We welcome guests from all nationalities and countries to join the trip and can arrange separate airport transfers where necessary, for an additional fee of £160.
2024 Dates are now live and open for booking!
Departure 1: Saturday 3rd - Thursday 8th August 2024
Departure 2: Saturday 26th - Thursday 31st October 2024.
ActivitiesAll activities listed above
Accomodation4* Hotels in Sarajevo and Mostar
Meals5 breakfasts, 5 lunches
Local tour guideLocal English-speaking tour guides and driver
Airport transferPick up and drop off at Dubrovnik within specific airport window (shared after booking)
TransportTransport throughout trip in private vehicle
Entrance ticketsTo all important historical sites listed on the itinerary
International flightPlease note that once you have booked your space on this trip, we will provide further information on which flights to book. Do not book your flight before we have advised you on this
Personal expensesShopping/souvenirs, travel insurance
Extra mealMeals outside of those stated above (dinner)
TipsFor driver and guides
Travel insuranceWe strongly recommend purchasing proper travel cancellation and medical cover, as we will not be able to reimburse you in the event you have to cancel or require medical attention
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Please familiarise yourself with the Ts&Cs below. It's very important that you have read these before booking your flights, to give yourself the best preparation and protection.
- A £60 deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Full payment is required no later than 8 weeks before your trip departure.
- Once you have made your full payment it is non-refundable and non-transferable. You may sell your space to somebody else should you find you are no longer able to travel.
- Cancellations less than 10 weeks before trip departure are liable to incur costs. Should you anticipate challenges travelling, please give us as much notice as possible.
- We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance as soon as making your booking, to protect yourself in case unforeseen circumstances arise and you are no longer able to travel. This should include medical cover and cancellation protection in the event of covid, flight cancellations, illness etc.
- Entry requirements: It is incumbent upon each traveller to familiarise themselves with the entry requirements to the country they are visiting. This includes visas and covid testing status.
- The itinerary is a suggested outline of the route we will take and the activities that we'll experience. We will keep it flexible and make changes in the event the weather, or road conditions mean we need to adjust our plans. The same goes for our activity coordinators - in the event they are unwell or unable to attend due to a private emergency, don't worry; we'll arrange a suitable alternative.
- All guests are screened following booking. Should you not pass the screening process, your deposit will be refunded.
- You will receive details of the accommodations you'll be hosted at in your welcome pack, after booking. We expect you to research the accommodations in advance so that you know what to expect on the trip, particularly if you are opting for a shared room.
- Once you are on the trip, there are no refunds, partial refunds or credit refunds.
- Should your flight be cancelled, it is incumbent upon you to book a suitable alternative. If you do not attend the trip this will be classed as a no-show, and no refunds will be given. (This is where your travel insurance recommended in clause 5 will come in handy!).