About this trip
Jewel of Arabia: Oman Oasis 8D/7N
- Unwinding in breathtaking desert, mountain and ocean scenery;
- Getting your adrenaline pumping on scenic hikes through palm trees, a chance to go sandboarding and a visit to the incredible Bimmah Sinkhole;
- Enjoying delicious, homemade Omani cuisine while you immerse yourself in the local culture and traditions;
- Community Support: your travel supports local communities, promoting sustainability and cultural preservation.
What you'll experience during this trip
- Visit the Grand Canyon of Arabia
- Trek through Jabal Shams, experiencing the Balcony Walk's breathtaking views.
- Immerse in the natural beauty of Misfat Al Abriyeen, the famous mountainous village
- Marvel at the stunning Bimmah Sinkhole
- Spend the night under the star-filled sky at our Bedouin Desert Camp
- Explore Oman's famous souqs where you can buy beautiful, high-quality gold, frankinsence, natural rose cosmetics and wild honey
- Option to go sandboarding or camel-riding
- Opportunity to visit turtle nesting grounds
- Meals made by local Omanis that support the local community
From £735 Deposit: £60
From £910 Deposit: £60
From £735 Deposit: £60
This is a limited-edition trip that we are planning to run ONLY ONCE in 2024. There is a limited number of spaces, so if you're keen to join, reserve your space with a 100 GBP deposit today.
Saturday 16th - Saturday 23rd November 2024
Airport Transfer Window
Recommended flights - there are currently good options with Qatar Airways, Turkish and Etihad for under 500 GBP.
Etihad Airways (indirect flights currently less than 500 GBP)
Arrival: Departs LHR at 19:20 the day before, and lands at 10:30 am in MCT the following morning. Layover in Abu Dhabi.
Departure: Departs MCT at 11:35, lands at 18:10 in LHR the same day.
Important note: You can follow this route from multiple airports across the UK, Europe and the US, as long as you land in Abu Dhabi in time to catch the connecting flight to Muscat.
Turkish Airlines (indirect flights currently less than 500 GBP)
Arrival: Departs LGW at 13:45 or LHR at 16:15 the day before, lands at 07:10 am in MCT the following morning.
Departure: 08:10 am from MCT.
Airport drop off and pick up times
Arrival on 16th
Pick up 1: 08:00 - 09:00 am
Pick up 2: 11:00-12:00
Departure on 23rd
Drop off 1: 06:00 am
Drop off 2: 08:30 am
Airport: Muscat International Airport (MCT)
This airport transfer also aligns with the Oman Air flight schedule from London, which lands at 07:15 am and departs at 14:10 from Muscat Airport.
Please note that if you choose Airport Transfer 1, you will land before the hotel room check-in service is available (around 2 pm).
Arriving or departing outside of the transfer window?
Should you arrive or depart outside of the transfer window, you can choose to arrange your transfer to/from the hotel separately, or we can arrange this for you at an additional charge.
Want to pay in instalments?
If you would like to pay in instalments, let us know and we'll set this up for you! Please note:
- A £100 deposit is required to secure your booking. This is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Full payment for this trip is due no later than 4 weeks before this trip. 50% of the payment is due 6 weeks before the trip.
- You can opt to pay in up to 3 equal instalments at no extra cost.
Accomodation7 nights in total based upon twin sharing in 4* hotels, boutique resorts & camps
Meals7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 1 dinner at the camp in the desert
Daily activitiesAs listed in the itinerary
HTG Voyage CaptainYour group leader and point of contact throughout the trip
Expert local guidesExplore this natural beauty
Private Airport TransferDuring the listed airport transfer window
Entrance ticketsNakhal Fort, Bait Al Safa living history museum, Nizwa Fort, Tour by classic eco carts and Dhow factory in Sur
Private Bus & DriverTransport throughout trip in private AC vehicle
Curated itineraryNo need to plan your holiday or worry about logistics - we're here to take care of the details for you.
Travel InsuranceWe HIGHLY recommend purchasing this in advance of your flight booking to protect yourself from losses caused by illness or non-attendance.
Personal expensesShopping/souvenirs, travel insurance
Extra mealMeals outside of those stated above (lunch, dinner)
Optional activitiesSandboarding (5 OMR)
TipsFor driver and guides
Covid testNot required for most travellers anymore, please check your local government guidance
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Please read these terms carefully before booking your trip. By booking, you agree to be bound by these conditions which outline, among other things, our cancellation policy, assumption of risk, and what happens in the event of an alteration to your tour itinerary.
Payments and Cancellations:
- A £100 deposit is necessary to secure your booking. This deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Full payment is due no less than 8 weeks prior to your trip departure.
- Upon full payment, no refunds or transfers are permitted. However, you may sell your space to someone else if you're unable to travel. The responsibility for selling your space lies with you.
- Cancellations made fewer than 10 weeks before the trip departure will incur additional costs. Please inform us as soon as possible if you anticipate travel difficulties.
- Cancellations 4 weeks before the trip incur a 50% charge; cancellations less than 3 weeks before the trip incur a 100% charge.
- There will be no refunds, partial refunds, or credits once the trip has commenced.
- We strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance at the time of booking, which should cover medical issues, cancellations due to illness, COVID-19, flight disruptions, and the like.
- Travellers have the responsibility to understand the entry requirements of the destination, including visas and COVID-19 testing. Halal Travel Guide is not responsible for checking your visa status.
- All guests undergo a screening after booking. Failure to pass will result in a deposit refund.
- You must disclose any medical conditions when booking. This information will be kept confidential.
- The itinerary is a FLEXIBLE guide that may be adjusted by the tour leader due to various factors including, but not limited to, weather conditions, closures, or health emergencies. Please note that while we value our guests' input, the decision to alter the programme rests solely with the tour leader for the overall benefit and safety of the group.
- Details of accommodation will be provided in your Booking Voucher. We strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with these, especially if you've opted for a shared room.
- In the event of flight cancellations, you're responsible for arranging alternatives. Non-attendance for any reason does not entitle you to a refund.
- Solo travellers booking a twin room will be paired with another traveller of the same gender. If this isn't possible, you'll be required to accept a Single Room upgrade with an additional charge.
Liability and Risk:
- Assumption of Risk: Participation indicates an understanding of the inherent risks, potentially including injury, illness, loss of life, or loss of personal property.
- Liability Limitation: Halal Travel Guide shall not be held liable for any injuries, losses, or damages incurred during the trip.
- In Case of Injury: All medical expenses resulting from injury are the participant's responsibility.
- Waiver of Liability: By participating, you waive all claims against Halal Travel Guide, even those possibly due to our negligence.
- Insurance: We strongly advise securing travel insurance to cover various emergencies. Your decision regarding insurance absolves Halal Travel Guide of any related liabilities.
Photographs and Media:
- Images on our platforms are for illustrative purposes. Actual conditions may differ and may change over time.
- Halal Travel Guide may use media taken during trips for promotional activities, without offering compensation to participants. Access to such media for personal use may incur a fee or be provided as a courtesy.