Summer in Sarajevo
"I HIGHLY recommend Halal Travel Guide for those that want an energetic and highly organised trip to seemingly obscure locations, filled with deeply meaningful experiences. You will not regret a single moment! "
Sara, April 2019, UK.
Join us this summer for our exclusive ladies-only experience in Bosnia Herzegovina. Take in the rolling hills and blue skies on horseback, and enjoy the fairytale view over Stari Most with a cup of freshly-made Bosnian coffee. Join us as we uncover stories of courage and sacrifice during the Bosnian war, and meet locals who call this beautiful land fraught with beauty and bloodshed, their home.
Tuesday 30 July – Saturday 3rd August 2019
Airport pickup: Between 10:30 am – 1 pm on the morning of 30th July at Dubrovnik airport.
Airport drop-off: By 08:00 am on Saturday 3rd August June at Dubrovnik Airport.
- From London: 07:05 Easyjet flight from Gatwick Airport on 30th July, returning on Norwegian 10:35 flight from Dubrovnik Airport, or, 05:55 Jet2 flight from Stansted on 30th July and returning on 10:15 flight on 3rd August to London Stansted with EasyJet. Even though tw0 airlines are used for this booking, using SkyScanner you can book this as one return flight (rather than 2 separate flights).
- From Manchester: 08:05 Jet2 flight from Manchester Airport on 30th July, returning on the 12:10 Jet2 flight from Dubrovnik.
If you would like to extend your stay in Bosnia or Dubrovnik, let us know and we can help arrange this for you.
Min. 10 people, maximum 20. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis.
- 4* Comfortable and centrally-located Muslim-friendly hotels in Sarajevo and Mostar, including a spa hotel.
- Muslim guide: Our professional and English-speaking local Muslim tour guide will accompany you throughout the trip and provide you with assistance.
- Half board: Breakfast and lunch is included and all food will be halal;
- All transfers + airport pickup and drop-off: We cover airport transfers and your transport throughout the trip, in a fully air-conditioned bus. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
- Entrance fees to historical sites;
- Spa treatment: your ticket includes one aromatherapy massage of your choice.
- Horse-riding experience;
- Hands-on authentic Balkan cooking session with local Bosnian family;
- Water: One free bottle of water provided daily;
- Taxes: all-inclusive;
- Prayer times: we take care of your salaat requirements.
- Personal purchases
- Airport pick-up/drop off outside of the windows stated above
Day 1: You will be greeted at the airport where our guide and private vehicle will be waiting to collect you. We’ll then begin the scenic drive from Croatia into Bosnia. Enjoy views over the sparkling Adriatic Sea, and see if you can spot the sight of King’s Landing.
We’ll stop for an outdoor lunch once we have crossed the border into Bosnia at one of our favourite restaurants. We’ll then take you to visit the famous Kravica Waterfalls, before stopping at an old Ottoman fortress for sunset. This first night will be spent in the fairytale town of Mostar.
Day 2: Today you will experience real authentic Bosnian life, with a cookery session with a local Bosnian family. Much of the food sourced and cooked in Bosnia is home-grown, organic and wholesome, and during this experience you will have the opportunity to experience country life.
Once you have eaten the fruits of your labour, we will take the scenic drive to Sarajevo. This afternoon you will explore the heart of the capital city, the Bascarsija. Our guide will share the stories of how Islam first arrived in Bosnia, and we will pray in one of the oldest and most beautiful Ottoman mosques in the country.
Day 3: Today you will walk in the footsteps of the brave citizens of Sarajevo, many of whom lived and survived the longest siege of a capital city in modern history. You’ll have a chance to learn real-life stories about what the locals lived through…
We’ll then take you for some equine therapy at a horse-riding session, before we stop for lunch in the heart of Sarajevo, the Bascarsija. You’ll then have some free time to explore the Bascarsija’s famous alcohol-free cafes (including a kunefe house!) and stock up on souvenirs; look out for the embroidered bags, bullet pens and traditional copper coffee sets. If you’re feeling a little achy after horse-riding, don’t worry – we’ve got a little spa treat in store for you this evening!
Day 4: This morning we will drive back to Mostar, where you will be taken on a guided tour of the Old Town. Make sure you have emptied your camera/phone memory, as there so many photo opportunities in this quaint Ottoman town. Although it is very pretty, not long ago it was the site of one of the most devastating attacks during the Bosnian war in the ’90s. Our local Bosnian guide will walk you through this region’s bloody and beautiful history.
The plan is to then stop by an old Ottoman Dervish House nestled in high cliffs, where we will have a leisurely lunch by the beautiful river Buna. We’ll then take you back to the hotel, where you can take the short 5 minute walk into Old Town and spend your final evening overlooking the beautiful Stari Most bridge, exploring the cobblestone streets or buying some final souvenirs.
Day 5: It’s time to say farewell! We will drive you from Mostar to Dubrovnik airport, where you will catch one of the recommended return flights. If you are extending your stay or flying at a later time, let us know and we will look into what alternative arrangements can be made for you.
Our trips to Bosnia support local families, businesses and communities. Where possible, we will direct your funds so that the profits go straight back into the community. Family-run businesses, traditional goods and families living in the countryside who are not well off, all benefit from your joining our trip. To register your interest today, please fill in the form below.
Deposit to confirm your booking: £100/person. This deposit is non-refundable. Places are limited, and all applications to join this trip will be screened before booking confirmation is provided.
- £580 per person/double or triple room. Price includes all excursions in itinerary, horse-riding, spa treatment, plus breakfast and lunch/dinner everyday.
- Single room supplement is £50 (£630 total).
Please note that as it is the summer season, hotels get booked up fast. The sooner you make your booking the more likely you will be able to join this trip. To find out what your fee includes, head over to the ‘Details’ section.
- £350 per child aged between 3-12 years old
- No charge for under 3s
We reserve the right to cancel the tour up to 2 months before departure if there are not enough persons. In such an instance we would look into making alternative arrangements to enable your trip.
You can cancel your booking up to 40 days before date of departure. Your deposit is non-refundable except in exceptional circumstances.
We reserve the right to cancel the tour up to 40 days before departure if there are not enough persons.
"Bosnia 2019 - an amazing experience! This was my first solo trip, I relied on the amazing trip organisers at Halal Travel Guide from start to finish as I have never been on a trip like this. Alhamdhulilah it was the best decision I have ever made, if you are second guessing booking DON'T!". Maewish, Manchester.
"I'm so glad I decided to travel with HTG for my first ever tour holiday (Bosnia September 2018). The whole experience was unforgettable. From the people I met, the places we visited and the care and attention given by HTG to every little detail.". Sobia, UK.
For more reviews, head over to our Facebook page.
Date: 30th July - 3rd August 2019