About this trip
Osaka - Kyoto - Tokyo - Seoul
HTG is proud to present the newest gem in our First Class trips series - 'A Captivating Odyssey: Japan & Korea'! We've designed this tour after popular demand from YOU - the HTG Club - and we can't wait for you to join us on this epic adventure!
Throughout this 11 Day/10 Night adventure, you'll stay in hand-picked 4* and 5* hotels located within easy access to the main sites and transport links, surrounded by comfortable, high-quality hotel services.
You'll have the chance to explore stunning locations dressed in traditional Japanese kimono and the elegant Korean hanbok; you'll savour halal Wagyu beef and Korean BBQ; you'll have the chance to get your adrenaline pumping on a Mario Kart race through the streets of Tokyo; you'll visit the DMZ, where South Korea is divided from North Korea, and so much more in between!
- Explore the vibrant energy of Japan and the charming allure of South Korea
- Stay in Luxury 5* hotels for at least 50% of the trip, and handpicked 4* hotels for the rest
- Experience local traditions such as the Tea Ceremony, Kimono and Hanbok-wearing
- Savour mouthwatering halal Japanese and Korean cuisine throughout the journey
- Opportunity to experience the thrill of real-life Mario Kart racing in Tokyo (tickets not included)
- Delve into the profound DMZ in Seoul and learn more about the split between North and South
- Make heartwarming connections with local Muslims
Airport Transfer Window
If you are flying from UK or Europe, you will need to fly out the day before. If you are flying from North America, we recommend flying out at least 2 days before and giving yourself an extra day to acclimatise to the time difference.
Airport transfer times TBC
Arriving or departing outside of the transfer window?
Should you arrive or depart outside of the transfer window, you can choose to arrange your transfer to/from the hotel separately, or we can arrange this for you at an additional charge.
2024 dates are now live1
Dates: Saturday 25th May - Tuesday 4th June 2024
AccomodationHand-picked 5* & 4* hotels across Japan and South Korea
Meals10 Breakfasts, 7 lunches, 1 Welcome Dinner and 1 Farewell Dinner
Entrance ticketsTo sites listed in the itinerary
Airport TransfersDuring the airport transfer windows
TransportIn Private AC bus
Expert local guides
Tombori River CruiseOsaka
Lake Ashi Cruise &HakoneSeoul
HTG Tour Leader
Bukchon Hanok VillageSeoul
Covid testNot required for most travellers anymore, please check your local government guidance
Personal expensesShopping/souvenirs, travel insurance
TipsFor driver and guides
Suggested activitiesSuch as Mario Kart racing, Samurai experience, Studio Ghibli museum etc
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Please familiarise yourself with the Ts&Cs below. It's very important that you have read these before booking your flights, to give yourself the best preparation and protection.
- A £100 deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Full payment is required no later than 8 weeks before your trip departure.
- Once you have made your full payment it is non-refundable and non-transferable. You may sell your space to somebody else should you find you are no longer able to travel.
- Cancellations less than 10 weeks before trip departure are liable to incur costs. Should you anticipate challenges travelling, please give us as much notice as possible.
- We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance as soon as making your booking, to protect yourself in case unforeseen circumstances arise and you are no longer able to travel. This should include medical cover and cancellation protection in the event of covid, flight cancellations, illness etc.
- Entry requirements: It is incumbent upon each traveller to familiarise themselves with the entry requirements to the country they are visiting. This includes visas and covid testing status.
- The itinerary is a suggested outline of the route we will take and the activities that we'll experience. We will keep it flexible and make changes in the event the weather, or road conditions mean we need to adjust our plans. The same goes for our activity coordinators - in the event they are unwell or unable to attend due to a private emergency, don't worry; we'll arrange a suitable alternative.
- All guests are screened following booking. Should you not pass the screening process, your deposit will be refunded.
- You will receive details of the accommodations you'll be hosted at in your welcome pack, after booking. We expect you to research the accommodations in advance so that you know what to expect on the trip, particularly if you are opting for a shared room.
- Once you are on the trip, there are no refunds, partial refunds or credit refunds.
- Should your flight be cancelled, it is incumbent upon you to book a suitable alternative. If you do not attend the trip this will be classed as a no-show, and no refunds will be given. (This is where your travel insurance recommended in clause 5 will come in handy!).